The Parliamentary Institute of Cambodia (PIC) is an independent parliamentary support institution based in the Senate compound of the Cambodian Parliament. PIC will contribute to the democratic process and the demand for stronger governance in Cambodia by assisting in developing the capacity and improving the performance of the Cambodian Parliament, with a key aim being building parliamentary expertise and parliamentary research capacity.
ROLE OF DEPARTMENT
The roles of the Outreach Department are to: i) provide technical support in the dissemination of PIC’s research products to parliament; ii) provide technical guidance on outreach activities requested by parliamentarians in relation to their representation and oversight roles in order to help improve constituent relations; iii) facilitate the outreach activities that PIC supports; and, iv) advise and support parliamentarians and parliamentary staff on communications (through any media) on issues related to PIC research products and outreach activities.
In order to optimize PIC’s output and outcome and to follow its communications strategy, PIC is looking for an IET Designer for information, education and training materials in Khmer, English and French languages, which will be used to support the capacity building of Cambodian and ASEAN Parliaments. The IET Designer has important roles in contributing to the Outreach Department - administrative assistance, producing creative design concepts, material layout and delivery of quality production to PIC and its clients.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a variety of innovative design concepts, layout templates and artwork for PIC publications, stationary and websites
- Layout and format the educational and training materials and research publications
- Coordinate production with printing houses and outsourcing services
- Systematically store and manage raw files, processing materials, output files and other data for reuse and reporting
- Develop and deliver training modules related to graphic design to public relations project teams and other clients as required
- Take photos and videos at PIC events for use online and produce information, education and training materials
- Produce video teasers and trailers for key activities
- Provide visual design for the PIC website and other online materials
- Other tasks as assigned by the Outreach Director.
- Degree in computer science, majoring in graphic design, or equivalent related field
- At least 5 years’ experience in training and production of graphic design, video making and photography
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe In Design, video and movie-making software - Adobe Premiere and equivalent related design software
- Good communication skills, willing to learn more
- Creative, dynamic, flexible, self-directed, self-motivated team player
- Committed, hard-working, honest individual
- Willing to work under pressure.
PIC is an equal opportunities employer and women are strongly encouraged to apply. The two-stage application process will consist of an interview and the delivery of a trial lesson. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The PBO training program aims to strengthen the Cambodian Parliament’s capacity to perform its constitutional role of state budget oversight. The training program seeks to strengthen the capacity to perform some of the research tasks typically found in Parliamentary Budgetary Offices (PBOs). The capacity building will partly be done by producing the type of research that a PBO would do (through a learning-by-doing approach), thus serving Parliament with knowledge and perhaps also creating a demand and political will for eventually establishing a PBO.