Established in 2011 at the request of parliamentarians from various parties, the Parliamentary Institute of Cambodia (PIC) is an independently funded and managed center that aims to build capacity among members and staff of the Cambodian Parliament.
It is strictly impartial and tailors its activities to the needs of the Cambodian Parliament. PIC’s mandate is first to strengthen the Cambodian legislature by developing the skills of MPs and other parliamentary staff, and second to share its experiences with other Parliaments in the region that have reached a relatively similar level of development as an element of South-South cooperation. To achieve its objective of building parliamentary capacity (and especially that of parliamentary staff), PIC draws on the expertise of national, regional and international partners, including parliamentary organizations and academic institutions, and seeks to promote regional cooperation by sharing knowledge and experience.
Role of department
The role of the Operations Department is to provide all the services and support that the other departments need to fulfil their mandates. This includes accounting, administration, human resources management, IT, and support services.
The role of the Administration Officer/ Receptionist is to represent PIC in all front line communications with personal and telephone callers, in an efficient and professional manner. The Administration Officer is responsible for a range of administration tasks, under the overall management of the Operations Director.
Main responsibilities and tasks
Facilitate all administration tasks and cover reception duties.
Front desk Tasks
- Answer telephone, screen and direct calls and take adequate messages when required.
- Greet visitors entering the organization and provide whatever assistance is needed to fulfil their business with PIC. Ensure knowledge of visitors’ movements in and out of building.
- Manage all incoming and outgoing correspondence. Maintain a record book and central filing system for PIC documentation.
- Orientation to PIC systems and procedures for all incoming staff, interns, trainees and consultants.
- Help to prepare materials and venues for meetings as required.
- Ensure the whole organization is kept tidy at all times.
- Provide logistic support to staff and consultants as required.
- Process office supplies procurements.
- Maintain inventory of equipment, and perform six-monthly inventory taking.
- Keep up to date all staff leave, sick leave and attendance records.
Any other tasks requested by Operations department.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Bachelor degree of secretarial, receptionist or related fields.
- At least 2 year experience as Administration Officer/Receptionist.
- Expertise in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- High level of spoken and written Khmer and English skills.
- Self-motivated learner with commitment to personal development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, teamwork and communication skills.
- Willing to work flexible hours.
- Honest and high level of integrity
- Neat appearance and professional behaviour.
- French language skills.
- Accounting degree.
PIC is an equal opportunities employer and Women are strongly encouraged to apply. The two-stage application process will consist of an interview and trial period. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.